6. Basic Information
- Certificates of good conduct can be obtained from your city administration. We require a Type O certificate of good conduct. Employees of RWTH or another public or church authority only have to submit confirmation from their employer that a police clearance certificate existed when they commenced employment.
- All documents are to be submitted as officially notarized copies. It is also possible to submit applications in person and show the original documents and certificates. Documents and certificates in languages other than German or English must be accompanied by notarized translations.
- Applications from candidates with a foreign university degree must be submitted to the Deans’s office 1 month before the doctorate committee meeting because the degrees have to be checked for equivalence.
- Notarizations are issued at RWTH Aachen in Division 1.2 Student Affairs – Notarizations, SuperC, Room 1.31, Templergraben 57, opening hours: Monday and Tuesday 9am to 12:30pm or in Department 2.0 International Office, SuperC, Room 5.29, Templergraben 57, opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 12.30pm.
- You can also enroll as doctoral student in Division. 1.2 Student Affairs – Subject Area II, SuperC, Room 1.21, Templergraben 57. Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 12:30pm.
- A freeze period/ extension of the submission deadline of up to one year will be accepted when the mandatory copies have been submitted to the university library. Applications for freeze periods/ extensions must be accompanied by a written statement of reasons and are subject to the Dean's approval.
- All the application form downloads and the template for the statutory declarations are samples. Display the form bar via the view/toolbars menu. Deactivate the "lock" in the menu bar to change the form and content as required.