Melt Treatment and Continuous Casting – M.Sc.
The main topics covered in this course are listed below.
1. Product chains in iron & steelmaking, Thermochemistry
2. Thermodynamics, Activity, Phase diagram, Kinetics
3. BOF; Types; Process; Steel Plant; De-C; De-Si; De-P
4. EAF; Energy; Post Combustion; Burners; Refractories; Wall Panels
5. Secondary Metallurgy; De-S; De-O; De-N; De-C; Types of Process, especially in Calcium and Aluminum treatment
6. Continuous Casting; Caster Technology; Mould Mechanics; Solidification; Micro-segregation
Degree: Master of Science
Lecture: 2 SWS
Exercise: 1 SWS
Practical training: 0 SWS
Lecture time: annually, SS
Dr. Jean-Paul Simoes