The aim of the course is to give participants the opportunities to get the basic knowledge on ironmaking and/or more detailed information to some special topics as well as reference data.
This course will allow you to:
- understand the place and role of primary metal production in steel industry and in the modern society in order to maintain sustainable development as a challenge of the 21st century
- estimate efficiency and prospects of different methods of hot metal production from the technical, economic and environmental points of view
- acquire practical skills of correct choice of burden and blast parameters as well as technological conditions of the blast furnace operation
- learn to master the use of modern modeling techniques for blast furnace operations
- learn how to put this knowledge to work in practical engineering situations using the Visual Model of Blast Furnace
- get recommended literature and other information for further self-study of selected parts of the course